Paleo For Pets
The Paleo diet for pets has made a significant impact on the health and nutrition of our canine and feline friends.
Expert studies and personal testimonials from pet owners have shown that eating like our caveman forefathers has a lot of benefit not only for us but also for our pets. Below are some reasons why you should put your pet on a trial 30-day Paleo diet:
- It's Healthy The Paleo diet for pets consists mainly of meat, fish and vegetables. It provides the complete nutrition that pets really need to keep them healthy and active. Commercialized pet foods provide insufficient nutrients and leave pets suffering from obesity and other related diseases.
- Less Expensive Preparing a Paleo friendly food for your pet is cheaper than buying commercial dog or cat food. Raw fresh ground beef, chicken, pork, turkey mixed with vegetables is cheaper by the pound than most commercial pet foods. You just have to be creative in preparing the food to make it easier to transition your cat or dog into a healthy Paleo diet.
- Save Money on Vet Bills A healthy pet means fewer trips to the vets. Most pets suffer from eczema, allergies, obesity, rheumatism and other related disease due to the over processed dog or cat food, which had become their daily diet. Dogs and cats are evolved to eat foods like their hunter-gatherer ancestors not grains and motley of other stuff, which comes out of a dog or cat food packets.
- Adds to the Life Span Pets on Paleo diet according to pet owner testimonials live longer and healthier than pets fed with commercial foods. Pets subsisting on raw foods and vegetables are more active and maintain optimal weight compared to the obesity-prone pets subsisting on a diet of kibble.
- Raw meats (beef, chicken, pork, turkey etc.)
- Raw organ meats such as liver and heart (chicken, turkey, beef, pork)
- Fish (fresh or canned)
- Cooked meat (without bones)
- Grains ( rice, bread, pasta)
- Dairy (milk, cheese)
- Legumes (beans, peas)